Discussions

Questions about the Bible or Salvation?

1. Kaitlin Maxwell
    Kaitlin Maxwell
  2. General
  3. Tuesday, 23 January 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
Is there any way of knowing how they aged getting to live to be in the 900 range? like did they appear and feel as a 20 year old for 100-200 years or did they look like we do as we age? Were the women able to have children for 400 years or still only till their 40-50s I know Sarah mentions being too old to have children but I am pretty sure that’s after God shortened the years for humans.
Rate this post:
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Notable Answerer
Accepted AnswerPending Moderation
One thought is that the earth was watered by a midst before the flood. Clouds therefore (the fog/cloud) blocked out the ultraviolet rays of the sun. The result people did not age as quickly. God only knows for sure
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 1
In Genesis chapter 3, Adam was told that if he disobeyed God, 'dying, you shall die'. Adam immediately died spiritually, and began to die physically on the very same day. After the Flood, the human race was reduced to 8 people, so it is possible that genetically, the gene that gave Noah longevity was not passed on and may be one of the reason for the drop in longevity post-Flood. Their food sources were greatly diminished and there probably were environmental changes as well that could have played a roll in their longevity.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 2
Rev. David Corbitt
Rev. David Corbitt
Assistant Pastor
Is there any way of knowing how they aged getting to live to be in the 900 range? like did they appear and feel as a 20 year old for 100-200 years or did they look like we do as we age? Were the women able to have children for 400 years or still only till their 40-50s I know Sarah mentions being too old to have children but I am pretty sure that’s after God shortened the years for humans.

We know that the global flood coincided (caused?) two important things to happen: 1. something in the atmosphere changed so that regular rain cycles began where before it had never rained. 2. The mantle of the earth underwent a major geological catastrophic event. Some creation scientists have theorized that not only was the earth after the flood now exposed to more cosmic (destructive) radiation through this new atmosphere, but also exposed to more radioactive isotopes from within the earth’s crust itself leaching to the surface.

What causes us to age is the breakdown of the DNA sequence in replication. If that can somehow be repaired, or at least slowed from its current rate, then aging can begin to be arrested. Can we be protected from the harmful radiation from above and below?

I remember coming across this article <a href= https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/11/-sp-live-forever-extend-life-calico-google-longevity>here</a> where some scientists are speculating about the potential for humans to live to be 1000 years old. Hmm… Methuselah made it to 969.
Comment
Rev. David Corbitt
EDIT: How funny! The program recognized the markup language for quote /quote, but not for a hyperlink. Oh well! Probably entered it incorrectly. :(
    1. more than a month ago
    2. General
    3. # 3
    @Rev. David Corbitt I’m not sure I would want to extend my life to 1000 years. Didn’t God shorten our days so the very elect would be saved? That’s an extra 900 years to deal with temptations and trials
    Comment
    1. more than a month ago
    2. General
    3. # 4
    Notable Answerer
    As we learn more in our great Bible study project, more and more consequence can be applied to the dynamic effect of the flood in Noah's time. It obviously changed a multitude things about life on the entire earth.
    Comment
    1. more than a month ago
    2. General
    3. # 5
    We are living in the Last Days for sure! Our age is not likely to be a factor based on that point alone. I'm thankful to Bro. Garrett in reminding us to FOCUS. With that in mind, I want my focus to be: staying in right relationship with Jesus, and, being His light to a fallen world. I've had construction workers in my home demolishing hard surface flooring for several days now; and even in the chaos and literal mess...God provided MORE THAN ONE Divine Appointment to speak into several of their lives, specifically; and, others around could not help but hear. With more and more of those kinds of opportunities presenting themselves on a regular basis...I'm taking it as a sign from God! Time is short, we need to remember that in 2 Peter 3:8 it says; "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day", and 2 Peter 3:9, goes on to say, "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance". It's unlikely we will have to worry about living to a thousand years old. Thank you, Jesus!
    Comment
    1. more than a month ago
    2. General
    3. # 6
    Rev. David Corbitt
    Rev. David Corbitt
    Assistant Pastor
    @Rev. David Corbitt I’m not sure I would want to extend my life to 1000 years. Didn’t God shorten our days so the very elect would be saved? That’s an extra 900 years to deal with temptations and trials

I'm sure hoping Jesus comes back before I hit 900!
    Comment
    1. more than a month ago
    2. General
    3. # 7
    • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
    Be one of the first to reply to this post!

The Master's House

The Master's House is an evangelical, family, worship center with a passion for sharing the uncompromised truth about Jesus Christ.

Address
    740 Wooten Rd. Suite 108
    Colorado Springs, CO 80915 

Phone
    (719) 301-5568

Service Times

Sundays at 11:00am
      Worship Service

Wednesdays at 7:00pm
      Adult Bible Study
      Chosen Generation Youth
      Pioneer Clubs